The Big Band Weekend returns to Lake Lawn this April with In the Mood Big Band and Lake Lawn’s Big Band Swing into Spring Weekend. It doesn’t matter if you are a zoot suited hep cat that can’t wait to cut a rug, or if you’re more of the sit back, toe tapping type, you’re sure to enjoy this 16 piece big band playing the authentic sounds of the 1940′s. Join us for one of our overnight packages or just come in for the evening. Tickets for the event are $45 per person which includes a plated dinner (advanced dinner selection required) and entrance into the performance by “In the Mood”. (Tickets can be purchased at the Resort Front Desk.)
- One-night package for $219, which includes admission for two adults to the dinner and big band dance, as well as a champagne brunch in the Frontier restaurant for two adults on Sunday morning (4/28/13).
- Two-night package for $299, which includes admission for two adults to the dinner and big band dance, as well as a champagne brunch in the Frontier restaurant for two adults on Sunday morning (4/28/13).
- Two-night lodging package for $349, which includes admission for two adults to dinner and big band dance, as well as a champagne brunch in the Frontier restaurant for two adults on Sunday morning (4/28/13), along with a round of golf for two (cart included).
In The Mood is a 1940′s style big band that specializes in playing the danceable swing and standards of that era. This 16 piece band carries the full instrumentation one expects when hearing this music performed, including: 5 Saxophones, 4 Trombones, 4 Trumpets, Rhythm Section with Piano, Drums, Bass Guitar, Vibraphone/Auxiliary Percussion, and Male and Female Vocalists.
Performing for over 30 years in Wisconsin and Illinois, the Milwaukee-based In the Mood has entertained thousands of guests at weddings, anniversaries, church festivals, club dates, fundraising events, country club engagements, corporate parties, and at major events such as: Rainbow Summer, Summerfest, and Jazz in the Park.
The age of the members is somewhat younger than many big bands with as much experience, which provides for fresh and energetic interpretations of the music of Glenn Miller, Count Basie, Woody Herman, Duke Ellington, Stan Kenton, Tommy Dorsey, Frank Sinatra, Bobby Darin, Harry Connick Jr., and other greats. The band prides itself on its professionalism, enthusiasm, flexibility, and performances that are always authentic to the swing style.
DINNER MENU (advanced dinner selection required)
Signature Salad Crimson and green spinach, butter lettuce, romaine, Bermuda onion, golden raisins, sunflower seeds, balsamic raspberry vinaigrette Rolls and Wisconsin Butter CHOICE OF: Boston Roasted Cod With Nicoise Vegetable Ragout and Fingerling Potatoes OR Roast Sirloin Marinated in Citrus, Peppercorn Beef Demi Glace, Caramelized Onion Potatoes and Green Beans
- 6 PM – Cash Bar Opens
- 6:30 PM – Dinner Service Starts
- 7 PM until 11 PM – Performance by In The Mood
Dress code for this event is Smart Casual.