The Big Band Weekend returns to Lake Lawn this March with In the Mood Big Band and Lake Lawn’s Big Band Swing into Spring. It doesn’t matter if you are a zoot suited hep cat that can’t wait to cut a rug, or if you’re more of the sit back, toe tapping type, you’re sure to enjoy this 16 piece big band playing the authentic sounds of the 1940′s.
- One-night package for $249, which includes admission for two adults to the dinner and big band dance, as well as a champagne brunch in the Frontier restaurant for two adults on Sunday morning (3/23/2014).
- Two-night package for $329, which includes admission for two adults to the dinner and big band dance, as well as a champagne brunch in the Frontier restaurant for two adults on Sunday morning (3/23/2014.
- A limited number of A La Carte Tickets are available for this event for $60 per person. Tickets can be purchased at the Lake Lawn Resort Front Desk or by calling 262-728-7950.
In The Mood is a 1940′s style big band that specializes in playing the danceable swing and standards of that era. This 16 piece band carries the full instrumentation one expects when hearing this music performed, including: 5 Saxophones, 4 Trombones, 4 Trumpets, Rhythm Section with Piano, Drums, Bass Guitar, Vibraphone/Auxiliary Percussion, and Male and Female Vocalists.
Performing for over 30 years in Wisconsin and Illinois, the Milwaukee-based In the Mood has entertained thousands of guests at weddings, anniversaries, church festivals, club dates, fundraising events, country club engagements, corporate parties, and at major events such as: Rainbow Summer, Summerfest, and Jazz in the Park.
The age of the members is somewhat younger than many big bands with as much experience, which provides for fresh and energetic interpretations of the music of Glenn Miller, Count Basie, Woody Herman, Duke Ellington, Stan Kenton, Tommy Dorsey, Frank Sinatra, Bobby Darin, Harry Connick Jr., and other greats. The band prides itself on its professionalism, enthusiasm, flexibility, and performances that are always authentic to the swing style.
DINNER MENU (advanced dinner selection required by Wednesday, March 19, 2014)
Spinach Salad with Pecan Wood Smoked Bacon, Mushrooms and Onion Straws
Warm Honey Apple Cider Bacon Dressing
Hearty Fresh Baked Baguettes
Choice of One Entree
Chicken Scaloppini with Sauteed Mushrooms, Bell Peppers, Onion, Garlic and Tomato
Rainbow Couscous with Montamore Cheese Alfredo Sauce
Seasonal Fresh Vegetables
Roasted Loin of Pork with Caramelized Apples and Onions
Peppered Rosemary Pork Pan Sauce
White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Seasonal Fresh Vegetables
- 6 PM – Cash Bar Opens
- 7 PM – Dinner Service Starts
- 7 PM until 11 PM – Performance by In The Mood
Dress code for this event is Smart Casual.