Response to Covid-19
RESORT TO RESUME LIMITED OPERATIONS MAY 22, 2020
As you are aware, COVID-19 has affected all our lives and caused countless businesses, including our resort and conference center, to suspended operations in order to help protect our communities and adhere with State and Federal recommendations.
Though these disruptions have presented significant challenges, they have also helped us become stronger and more focused as we prepare to emerge from the closure. We have continued to monitor and adhere to the latest recommendations from the CDC and governmental authorities and are now preparing to reconvene limited operations of Lake Lawn Resort on May 22, 2020, in time for Memorial Day weekend. Reservations for guest room accommodations, starting May 22 and beyond, are now open and available for booking.
Our number one priority is maintaining the health and safety of our returning guests and employees. During the closure, we have reviewed and revised many of our operating procedures in accordance with new CDC recommendations. As such, we are adopting new stringent policies and precautionary measures relative to environmental cleanliness, food safety, and hygiene practices to limit any potential spread of any illness, including COVID-19. They include, but are not limited to:
• Enhanced staff training and policies on best practices for prevention, some of which include the use of personal protective equipment, frequent hand washing, and sanitization techniques including the sanitization of surfaces, including countertops and handles.
• Staff will wear protective facemasks and gloves during all shifts.
• All public and non-public areas of the resort will be thoroughly and continually disinfected and sanitized, including guest rooms after each use, back of house/employee areas and office environments.
• Hand sanitizer units will be available and dispersed in all public areas, including the lobby, meeting rooms, and back of house employee locations.
• Staff and contractors will engage in daily temperature testing, prior to working onsite.
• Staff who display any health symptoms, similar to those of COVID-19, will be immediately sent home for rest and recovery.
• Increased purchases of sanitization products and services for the resort.
• Increased frequency and communications with local public health officials regarding developments and best practices.
• Other State and Federal recommendations.
As with many businesses, plans to reopen entail a phased or stepped approach. Lake Lawn Resort will follow suit with a flexible approach, bringing select outlets and offerings back online in a stepped fashion while continuing to monitor State and Federal recommendations and our community’s situation. The following schedule outlines plans for reactivating outlets, guest room accommodations and other resort offerings:
• Majestic Oaks Golf Course is currently open.
• The Marina is currently open with limited slips still available for lease.
• Friday, May 15, 2020 – The resort will launch a new “Weekend Meals To-Go” program, featuring casual favorites from a select menu. Details are available on LakeLawnResort.com.
• Friday, May 22, 2020 – Just in time for Memorial Day weekend getaways, guest room accommodations will reopen. Reservations are currently open for booking.
• At that time, we will offer select “Grab and Go” food and beverage options. Though the pools, mini-golf, fitness center and spa will not be available at that time, families are invited to enjoy boat and watersport rentals on beautiful Delavan Lake.
We are looking forward to moving into the future and welcoming you back, once again! In the coming weeks, watch for new spectacular promotions and packages that will provide amazing savings on spring and summer reservations at Lake Lawn Resort. They will be simply unbeatable!
Thank you for your patience and flexibility. Together, let’s get ready for a great summer and better times ahead!
Please stay strong.
Lake Lawn Resort
|COVID-19 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS|
What health and safety precautions are Lake Lawn Resort taking?
Our number one priority is maintaining the health and safety of our guests and employees. We have reviewed and revised many of our operating procedures in accordance with CDC and hospitality industry recommendations. As such, we are adopting new stringent policies and precautionary measures relative to environmental cleanliness, food safety, hygiene practices, and social distancing practices to mitigate any potential spread of any illness, including COVID-19, and create a frictionless experience to limit physical contact during your stay. They include, but are not limited to:
- Enhanced staff training and policies on best practices for prevention, some of which include the use of personal protective equipment, frequent hand washing, and sanitization techniques including the sanitization of surfaces, including countertops and handles.
- During the mitigation phase, staff will wear protective facemasks and gloves during all shifts.
- All public and non-public areas of the resort will be carefully and frequently disinfected and sanitized, including guest rooms after each use, back of house/employee areas and office environments.
- Hand sanitizer units will be available and dispersed in public areas, including the lobby, meeting rooms, and back of house employee locations.
- Staff and contractors will engage in daily temperature testing, prior to working onsite.
- Staff who display any health symptoms, similar to those of COVID-19, will be immediately sent home for rest and recovery.
- Installation of acrylic partitions at check-in and key transaction points.
- All guest rooms have been outfitted with a new bedding package with a fresh look.
- Limiting capacity and managing guest flow with directional signage to create extra personal space during check-in and in public areas.
- Stayover housekeeping services during your stay have been eliminated to minimize contact between employees & guests. Fresh amenities will be available by request and placed outside your door.
- Introduction of “To-Go” offerings in select food & beverage areas.
- Increased purchases of high-quality sanitization products and services for the resort.
- Increased frequency and communications with local public health officials regarding developments and best practices.
What is the resort asking of guests?
- Plan ahead with your reservations. Book in advance as opposed to “walking-in” for your stay.
- If you are not feeling well, please avoid traveling to the resort.
- Practice social distancing measures and give fellow guests the proper spacing.
- We ask that only 1 person per group enters the lobby for check-in.
- We promote the use of face coverings when in public areas.
- Follow the CDC guidelines by frequently washing your hands.
Where can I get more information about the Covid-19 Virus and guidelines?
We recommend reviewing and following updates and guidelines from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/index.html and Wisconsin Department of Health Services at https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/index.htm.
Do I need to wear a mask when I am at the resort?
CDC guidelines recommend people wear masks while in public places, however, the resort does not mandate guests wear masks and leaves this decision up to every guest during their stay.
Will my temperature be taken during check-in?
While all staff and onsite contractors have their temperatures taken daily prior to starting their shifts, the resort does not mandate guests have their temperature taken upon arrival, however, we request notification if someone in your party has a fever or experiencing symptoms.
How are the guest rooms being and sanitized?
Our housekeeping staff wears personal protective equipment while on duty and has completed rigorous training regarding new stringent procedures over and above our standard cleaning practices that include the use of new ultra-violet light wands and sanitizing solutions on high-touch surfaces throughout each guest room.
What restaurants/food and beverage options are currently offered at the resort?
Our Lookout Bar & Eatery has introduced a To-Go/In-Room Delivery menu, featuring a wide variety casual breakfast, lunch and dinner favorites. The Isle of Capri Café will also be open for morning coffee and “Grab & Go” items. Our Frontier Restaurant is not operating at this time.
Are boats and watersports rentals available?
Yes, our Watersports Center is fully operational with a variety of motorized and non-motorized rental options to get you out on the water and having fun. Stringent sanitization procedures are implemented before and after each rental along with a frictionless transaction experience. Reserve your boats, paddleboards, wave runners and more by calling 262.728.7950 or visit LakeLawnResort.com.
Is Majestic Oaks Golf Course open?
The golf course is open daily and in excellent condition! Precautions have been implemented to help keep our golfers safe. We encourage all golfers to abide by general social distancing practices and policies outlined on our website at https://www.lakelawnresort.com/golf/. For more information and to book a tee time visit https://www.lakelawnresort.com/golf/ or call 262.728.7950.
Are the pools, spa and fitness center available?
Currently, our Outdoor Pools are open for overnight resort guests. During this time, the Calladora Spa, indoor pool, and fitness center are not operational, however, as governmental guidelines relax, we look forward to opening these areas of our guests to enjoy.
Is resort transportation service available?
Yes, our resort shuttle service is available for guests. Vehicle occupancy will be reduced to 50% of normal capacity and we will keep the front passenger seat unoccupied to create additional distance between passengers. All passengers must wear a face mask upon entering the vehicle. All vehicle touchpoints will be sanitized and UV wand after each transport.
Is the General Store/Gift Shop open?
During this time, this area is not operational, however, as governmental guidelines relax, we look forward to re-opening the General Store/Gift Shop of our guests to enjoy.
Will Bucky’s Playhouse and your video game arcade be open?
As an extra safety precaution, we are not opening Bucky’s Playhouse or the video game arcade at this time. As guidelines are revised and relaxed, these areas will be reopened for all to enjoy. In the meantime, families are encouraged to take full advantage of great Watersports and boat rentals to enjoy beautiful Lake Delavan. Call 262.728.7950 for details.
Is the Marina open?
Our Marina is open and ready for incoming boats for the season. A limited amount of season-long slip leases are still available. To contact the Marina, please call 262.725.9207.
Can I tour the facility to plan a future wedding or banquet?
Absolutely, we know the value of a quality site tour and our meeting and wedding professionals are onsite ready to show you the entire property, including our newly renovated Conference Center and breathtaking lakeside wedding sites. Find out first-hand, why we were voted “Best Wedding and Banquet Venue of 2019.” Call 262.728.7950 to schedule your tour, today.
Are you booking group functions, banquets and meetings at the Conference Center and resort?
Yes, our Group Sales team is actively planning and booking group functions and ready to show you the entire property, including our newly renovated Conference Center and breathtaking lakeside wedding sites. Call 262.728.7950 to schedule your tour, today.
Can I get driving directions during the June 8th through July 1st road closure?
Yes, please be advised of road construction and closure that is scheduled just east of the resort on Highway 50 from June 8th – July 1st. Please see the location map information for planning routes during that period at https://www.lakelawnresort.com/info/location/.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting Lake Lawn Resort, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.